'The Watercolorist' 2014 48x48 oil on linen (shipping out tomorrow to the Philadelphia Antiques Show)
"Born To Be Loved (The Kitchen Tapes version)"
I made this mix.
If you feel like downloading it here is a link:
- Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - “Happy Land”
- Mac DeMarco - “Blue Boy”
- Willy Mason - “Talk Me Down”
- Townes Van Zandt - “Sunshine Boy”
- John Fahey - “In Christ There Is No East or West”
- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - “I Let Love In”
- Neil Young - “Flying on the Ground is Wrong”
- W.S. Di Piero - reading “The New Endymion” for Poetry Magazine
- George Harrison - “Run of the Mill” (demo)
- Fiona Apple - “Anything We Want”
- Richard and Linda Thompson - “When I Get to the Border”
- Lucinda Williams - “Ugly Truth” (The Kitchen Tapes version)
photo: Laura Gilpin, Sunrise on the Desert, 1921
really, really digging this album.
Robert Frost: March 26, 1874 - January 29, 1963
From the series: Propaganda Posters Distributed in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, ca. 1950 - ca. 1965
"I Let Love In"
Report to R.S.B.
Peace did not come into my life.
My life escaped
and peace was there.
Often I bump into my life,
trying to catch its breath,
pay a bill,
or tolerate the news,
tripping as usual
over the cables
of someone’s beauty -
My little life:
so devoted to its obscure purposes -
And, I hasten to report,
doing fine without me.
clunky sidetable i made for my birthday out of some scrap wood i had. not 100% done.
The Reeltime Travelers were a really great old-time band with an amazing lineup. They were fairly short-lived as a group, which is a bummer, but you oughta check them out if you’re even remotely into old-time.
Bo Bartlett, Painter’s Crossing, 1996
(Andrew Wyeth, Betsy Wyeth, and Helga Testorf walking along a hillside.)